Required Documents for Economic Assistance Programs
A household is defined as anyone living under your roof.
- Photo ID (Driver’s license or State ID)
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Proof of disability if disabled
- Proof of U.S. citizenship for all household members(U.S. birth certificate/ hospital birth record, U.S. passport, U.S. voter registration card, OWF award letter, U.S. military record, or other government documents that specify U.S. citizenship
- Most recent utility bills (gas and electric)
- Landlord’s name, address & phone number (a lease is required for all new services)
- Proof of income for the past 30 days from ALL sources for ALL household members that are 18 years of age and older including, but not limited to: weekly/bi-weekly paystubs, social security/SSDI, VA or disability benefits, pensions, unemployment, TANF, utility allowance, & Self-employment requires previous year officially filed tax return.
- Seasonal Employment must provide proof of income for the last 12 months from the date of application.
- If anyone has been helping your household within the past 30 days, you MUST bring a letter signed and dated by those individuals stating what they have specifically done. It must include their address and phone number.
- All Household members claiming zero income must be present and complete a self-declaration form.
- All zero income HOUSEHOLDS must provide an IRS tax transcript or verification of non-filing.
This can be done by:
- Phone: 1-800- 908-9949 if a tax return was filed OR
- Fax- a 4506-T form if no return was filed to 1-859- 669-3592
- Online Transcript Request
- In writing:
- IRS Return and Income Verification Services
- (RAIVS) Team
- P.O. Box 145500
- Stop 2800F
- Cincinnati, Oh 45250
- Visiting a local IRS Office
- Akron Office- 2 S. Main St., Akron, OH 44308
- Canton Office- 301 McKinley Ave. SW., Canton, OH 44702
- Mansfield Office- 180 N. Diamond St., Mansfield, OH 44902
The forms below can be accessed and may be required to process your application.