CAW/M is actively participating in the Transportation Coalition in both counties in an attempt to help find solutions for the ongoing transportation issues in Wayne and Medina County.
Wayne County Mobility Management is a transportation partnership committed to the coordination of transportation services countywide and exploring new opportunities to improve transportation options for Wayne County residents. Mobility Management seeks to optimize ALL transportation resources in our community. Helping to inform, improve, and assist specialized transportation needs for older adults, people with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes through a wide range of general public activities.
Travel Training is available to help you travel independently and confidently! A travel trainer can help you learn to use the Wooster Transportation Program, Wooster Transit, GoBus and Baron’s Bus. Your Travel Trainer can focus on destination training, which teaches you to travel to a specific destination and back, or general training, which provides you with greater overall riding instruction.
Each training program is individually tailored to your needs and will help you:
- Plan your trip
- Ride specific routes
- Read and understand route maps and schedules
- Get to and from your bus stop
- Recognize bus numbers, bus stops, and landmarks
- Pay fares and purchase tickets/passes
- Get on and off the bus safely
- Use the lift or ramp to board with a mobility device
- Position your mobility device in the bus /train
- Use the phone and/or Internet to plan your trip
Call the Mobility Coordinator at Community Action Wayne/Medina at 330-264-8677 to learn more!