CAW/M is actively participating in the Transportation Coalition in both counties in an attempt to help find solutions for the ongoing transportation issues in Wayne and Medina County.
Do you know that there was free transportation to medical appointments for pregnant women and children ages 17 and younger? The MCH Shuttle was a pilot program to provide this transportation service. We are now deciding whether to continue the program and we need your input on whether you knew about the service and whether or not you used it.
Could you please take a moment to complete this survey? It is open until September 25, 2018.
FREE IN COUNTY TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE
Provides one free transportation benefit a month.
- In Medina County clients can choose between an unlimited monthly pass for the fixed bus route in Brunswick/Medina/Wadsworth or a pass for the demand bus system .
- Wayne County residents who live inside the Wooster City limits are eligible for a round trip ride with 2 stops with a locally contracted transportation provider.
- Wayne County residents who live outside of the Wooster City limits are eligible for 2 round trip rides with 2 stops with a locally contracted transportation provider.
- All round trip rides require a 48-hour notice and are arranged by CAW/M staff with locally contracted transportation providers. Riders that can also get one additional stop, if needed, on that same day.
Qualifications: total household income at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines.
CITY OF WOOSTER
Residents may purchase subsidized transportation passes to travel inside the Wooster City limits. Applications for free required program IDs, as well as the reduced rate passes, are only available at CAW/M. Program IDs cost $1.00. Pass 0ptions available are:
- $2- one-way cab pass
- $18- ten one-way WORK/EDUCATION passes (these may include work/education sites within a 3 miles radius of Wooster) These can also be used to take children to or from childcare when the parent is going to or from work.
- $2- one-way wheelchair transportation
Qualifications: total household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, live and travel with in Wooster City Limits.
Wayne County Mobility Management is a transportation partnership committed to the coordination of transportation services countywide and exploring new opportunities to improve transportation options for Wayne County residents. Mobility Management seeks to optimize ALL transportation resources in our community. Helping to inform, improve, and assist specialized transportation needs for older adults, people with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes through a wide range of general public activities.